Feed The Jack O Lantern Halloween Kindergarten and First Grade Word Family Activity Literacy Center
Here is a fun hands on Halloween themed literacy center to help practice reading words.
Build words and then Feed the Jack O Lantern candy corn with the word on it!
Ten different word families included!
- Cut along dotted lines of the pumpkin and fold to create the stand up character.
- Cut open his mouth.
- A little tape on the bottom of the front and back helps them stay in place.
- Cut out the Build a Word mat and deck cards.
- Draw a card from deck 1 and deck 2 and place on the mat.
- Read the word and find the candy that matches.
- If there is no candy to match the word created, draw a new card from deck 1.
- Feed the word to the pumpkin and draw a new card from deck 1 till all the candies for that word family are found.
- They can write the word on the blank candies and feed them to the pumpkin.
- They can Build A Word and record them on the record pages for each word family.
- There are 3 different style of recording sheets to choose from. One to trace all on one page. Two pages to trace with bigger letters, and one for them to write the out (print as needed).
There are three styles of recording sheets also included to practice writing skills.
Download By Clicking Below!
Suggestions, requests, questions, corrections, or comments?
Use our worksheets or activities?
Send a picture to be featured in a future post!
Email to: email@example.com
This download is mostly color and free to use for any daycare, church, school, personal, co op, or home school use.
We all make mistakes sometimes, if you happen to find one of mine feel free to email me and let me know so I can correct it!
All activity images, printables, and games are free to download and/or use as you choose, with the exception of claiming as your own, modifying, or redistributing as your own. Please feel free to use in any classroom setting! Feel free to link to this page but not to the download or image itself, if you would like to share downloads or ideas. All shares are appreciated. Permission to use 1 image of your choice is given. Thank you for respecting these guidelines.