We received products and/or other compensation to facilitate this post but all opinions shared are our own.
A few of us from work have been excited about this for months as we began to plan a group trip months ago. My son is a LEGO® addict so this is the ultimate event for him. From the pictures below I can tell it’s going to be a great family outing. The little ones will love the pile of LEGO® pieces, I will love the statues that are so amazingly made, and the older kids will be incited with the many wonderful exhibits such as LEGO Ninjago and LEGO Friends.
Who doesn’t like LEGO®? Would you like to join in the fun?
1 of you can win 2 tickets to join me at LEGO® KidsFest in Charlotte NC OPENING NIGHT!!!
(4-8:30pm) on Feb 19
Enter to win your tickets HERE:
LEGO® KidsFest North Carolina: February 19 – 21, 2016
Three Acres of Hands-On Educational Fun for All Ages
The LEGO KidsFest national tour stops at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, NC, from February 19 – 21, 2016, for the very first time, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in this three acre activity- and entertainment-packed family event.
LEGO KidsFest is for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
I can’t wait for Lou and Bub to see these piles of LEGOs! I know they will be excited to build with all the open possibilities!
Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find:
* LEGO Model Museum: life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks. I am so looking forward to this one!
* LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play. Bub’s fantasy job!
* Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
* LEGO Star Wars: build and display a Star Wars model
* LEGO Disney Princess: create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
* LEGO Super Heroes: pose with a life-sized Spiderman model and more
* LEGO DUPLO: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
* LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
* LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
* LEGO Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
* LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
* LEGO Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
* Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
* Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
* Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color foster group creativity
“Our 2016 LEGO KidsFest tour is going to delight both new and returning audiences,” said Vince Rubino, Events Manager for LEGO Systems, Inc. “We’ve still got some favorites on the show floor, like the Big Brick Pile, Creation Nation and the Race Ramps. There are also many new and unique activities designed for building, learning and fun.”
Five sessions – all identical and 4 1/2 half hours in length – are held at each tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets can be purchased at www.LEGOkidsfest.com.
Tickets are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session.
On tour since 2009, previous LEGO KidsFest tour stops have included major cities such as Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Jose, Cleveland, Richmond, Phoenix, Portland and more.