In the middle of the store as we are walking down aisles of food products or trying on shoes, my son is always talking. What is he saying? I’m not usually sure because it’s probably Minecraft related and I have learned to tune any and all Minecraft related topics out… Which in turn means basically 9 times out of 10, I’m tuning my son out. There is only so many times I can listen to talk about mining diamonds or diamond swords or block shaped zombie apocalypses. But occasionally we get some pretty good gold nuggets of life’s great mysteries or just funny things I can repeat at work.
“Do I Have to Wear Pants for This?” And Other Things My Son Says…
1. “When I grow up, I’m going to be a Youtuber…” – Which leads us to the next one which was in reference to letting him make a gamer video for play.
2. “Do I have to wear pants for this?”
3. “Magenta is in the pink family, right?” – Said while standing in line at Walmart without prompting.
4. “You can pass it down to your grandchildren.” – Said to my daughter when he drew her a picture and handed it to her.
5. “Did you know they make square batteries?” – Someone seen a 9 volt battery.
6. “It’s because of my asthma.” – Said when he doesn’t want to do something.
7. “I’m SOO bored.. There is NOTHING to do! I want to go home!” – Said while at the park… “I didn’t even get to play! You never give me the chance to play!” – said when leaving the park to go home.
8. “It’s because the pants you put on me were too slickery and I went down the slide like fire.” – Said when I asked him how he got a hole in his pants.
9. “I had to work all day, from like seven this morning, and now you want me to go back out in the heat and play. I can’t believe you!” – Said when offered a trip to the park after school in 60 degree weather.
10. “I’m the only one is this family with a fragile heart.” – Said when mad at me.
He has many many more life changing insights that he randomly shares. I was told by one of his teachers once that I should write a book about the stuff he comes up with.