While sitting here reading email my son just came up to me and asked me if I had ever watched a music video…. Yes son, even in my day there was The Television. Although we didn’t have the joy of cable internet where I lived and had to enjoy all our music videos on MTV (yes, back then they actually played music videos more often than reality tv) , VH1, and if we knew no one would ever find out CMT. That conversation got me thinking about all the odd things my kids think. Here is a list of things my kids think are true.
1. Work is a magical beautiful place that mommies and daddies go to so they can drink soda pop and eat all the junk food we won’t let them have and be kid free while we watch grown up tv like Law and Order and play on social media. To be honest it is the only place I do drink Soda so maybe they are on to something.
2. Santa Claus is on speed dial on my phone. Sometimes when they know they are going to do something they are not supposed to, they hide my phone first. Crazy kids, they don’t realize that Santa is not on my phone… He is watching through the window outside. Wait, that kinda sounds a little creepy. Have we thought this Santa thing through?
3. Ice Cream Sandwiches count as actual meal time sandwiches… The theory is justified by the fact that the word Sandwich is in fact on the box.
4. It’s always “Better out than In”…. Thanks Shrek.
5. The whole world used to be in Black and White before color was invented. This is due to old tv shows and the theory was pretty much solidified by watching the Wizard of Oz.
6. Blogging is the devil... Mommy is not to be permitted to blog. There is also an illness my kids happen to come down with when I sit down to blog. Symptoms are as follows dry throats, bathroom urges, hunger pains, boredom, forgotten homework to be remembered, every question thought of through out the day to need to be asked, and youtube addiction to flare up.